Well, this year is... exceptional. As if the first Monday back isn't hard enough on a normal year, for everyone in our community in the UK, we closed yesterday evening with the third national lockdown announced on the telly.
Hours before this at Dai HQ, we openly shared how we're feeling about the prospect of this new year. Many of us are from far away — California, Hong Kong, the Land Down Under to name a few — and didn't make it home to see our families.
The rumblings around the virtual table at our first all-hands meeting? "The word 'resolutions' doesn't make sense this year" and "not even attempting Dry January" were amongst them.
Up til that point, I thought I was the most anxious person in the room, and that my team would be back refreshed, energised and ready to kick my ass. I thought I had the worst case of the Sunday blues. I mustered up 2 new year's resolutions and thought to myself, good enough. I had made my peace and put my game face on.
Here's what I took away from my first day back:
- There's no right or wrong way to enter into 2021. Whether you're drinking, not drinking, exercising, not exercising, eating, cooking, Netflixing, doing whatever you want (within social distancing restrictions) that makes you feel better, go for it
- Everyone is going through a tough time, and we're all human and just doing our best
- Socialise (virtually, distantly, safely). Isolation is not healthy. Make time to speak to each other, and be honest when you do because 2.
During the first lockdown, you shared with us the kind things you did for others, the different skills you picked up, and new things you learned. We can do it again, we can do it together, and this time, there's actually light at the end of the tunnel.
So for the rest of January, we are doing and sharing self-love things we think you'll enjoy across all our channels.
- Check out our Instagram for cheerful new giveaways, easy body-shape empowering styling tips, sustainable lifestyle hacks, what you're up to at home, and interviews with our favourite experts on mental, physical and nutritional health
- Help us innovate the future of workleisure together. We're gifting you a £100 Dai gift card to join one of our virtual Dai focus groups and envision the future of comfort with us. Sign up here if you'd like to participate
Founder and CEO
P.S. Speaking of comfort, it's what we do best. My capsule everyday wardrobe has been just a mix of six styles from our bestselling stretchy trousers and soft, Zoom-ready tops. We have more new styles and more restocks landing this month, and if you're looking for premium breathable face masks, we've got them too. Mask 2.0, our Covid-approved one, is my everyday go-to.