Updated 06 May 2022
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Joanna Dai Limited.
Our data protection officer is Joanna Dai (“DPO”). If you have any queries, complaints or requests please contact our DPO at email@example.com.
What information do we collect from you?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, billing and delivery address, email address and phone number and financial information.
- Information we collect from your use of our site. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service
- Information we collect when you call us. If you call us we may automatically collect the phone number used to call us.
- Providing us with your details online. This is information you may choose to provide us with when using our site. It includes your name, address, telephone number, email address and preferences for receiving emails from us. Please let us know if any of this information changes so we can keep our records up to date.
Why do we collect this information?
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
Pursuant to a contract in order to:
- process information at your request to take steps to enter into a contract;
- provide you with our products and services;
- process payments;
- make deliveries;
- maintain business and service continuity;
- send service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email or if the circumstances require it, we may contact you by phone. These will include notifications about changes to our service; and
- On the basis of your consent:
- Where we rely on your consent for processing this will be brought to your attention when the information is collected from you;
- We will only contact you with direct marketing communications if you consent to us doing so and you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See the “What are your rights?” section below for more information.
- In our legitimate interests of providing the best service and improving and growing our business we will process information in order to:
- provide you with a personalised service;
- improve our products and services;
- keep our site and systems safe and secure;
- understand our customer base and purchasing trends;
- defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints; and
- understand the effectiveness of our marketing.
We will carry out analytics to improve our products and services as set out above.
You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the “What are your rights?” section below for more information.
- To comply with legal requirements relating to:
- the provision of products and services;
- data protection;
- health and safety;
- anti-money laundering;
- fraud investigations;
- assisting law enforcement; and
- any other legal obligations placed on us from time to time.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
- We will keep information about you for a maximum of 6 years after the end of our relationship with you unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required remove such data from our records.
Who might we share your information with?
For the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we will share your personal information with:
- the following categories of third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- business partners, subsidiaries, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We work with Experian Ltd for the purposes of managing a service called Club Canvasse, a home shopping and direct retailer data co-operative of which Studio Retail Limited are members. By sharing information on what customers buy and pooling that with contributions from other members of the co-operative, the service allows Studio Retail Limited to better understand our customers and to communicate with you more effectively. Please note, your personal information is not shared with any of the other members of the co-operative, and only aggregated data on the number and value of purchases is provided to members e.g. we will receive a report which states how many customers who have bought from us in the last 0-12mths, and who have also bought from other members of the co-operative in the last 0-12mths, or the last 24mths, last 36mths etc. To understand more please click through to Experian’s website to understand more about their marketing services.”
How is your data stored and kept secure?
At Joanna Dai Limited, we take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All information kept by us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If in future we do need to transfer your data outside the EEA, we will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
- To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- To ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest;
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
- to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We use the following cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|WordPress Login||Strictly necessary||To login and store your authentication details so you aren’t required to enter your credentials when navigating to a new page||Two weeks|
|WordPress Commenter||Functionality||The visitor will not need to retype all their information again when leaving another comment||One year|
Third Party Cookies:
|Google Analytics||Analytical/Performance||To track data for behaviour profiling and improve the way our website works. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.||Up to two years|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.