DRIVING POSITIVE IMPACT
"When I started Dai, I was completely uninformed of the polluting impact of fashion until I began researching and creating our supply chain.
In being the architect of a new company, I saw opportunity to do better, lead, innovate, educate and empower, to drive positive impact to the world."
-JOANNA DAI, FOUNDER
The Dai’namic Five Things you should know
1. MINIMISING ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- 88% of our textiles are eco-certified. Eco what? A lot of textiles carry harmful substances. Being eco-certified means that ours are tested to be chemically safe on your skin
- 72% of our suppliers are powered using renewable energy sources. Mic drop.
- We offset carbon on 100% of our shipments. Simply put, your shipment releases carbon and carbon causes climate change. We’re eliminating our negative impact.
2. GOING FULL CIRCLE: MAKE‐USE‐REUSE
Because make-use-waste is out of fashion, and the circular economy is in.
- Our Eco Luxe Essentials are made from trees from certified sustainably managed forests. What? Like a tree nursery that regrows and is protected. They’re also certified biodegradable and compostable, meaning they turn back into soil instead of adding to landfill.
- Waste free. Our Revive styles are made of recycled yarns which would have otherwise been discarded in the manufacturing process.
3. ETHICALLY MADE IN EUROPE
- 83% of our suppliers (and counting) have signed onto the Dai Code of Conduct, ensuring social and environmental responsibility
- We manufacture 100% in the EU
- We pay all employees above the London Living Wage
4. CERTIFIED B CORP™
B Corp is companies reinventing business by pursuing good for our planet and people, not just profit. Our mission to do good for our people and planet is part our DNA. In 2020, we are very proud to become a Certified B Corporation and join the global community of leaders using business as a force for good.
5. BY WOMEN, FOR WOMEN
The world is better when women succeed. Everything we do from design to company culture is focused on empowering women. The majority of our team is female-fuelled, and our board and investors are 65%+ female.
BECOME CARBON NEUTRAL
- In 2020, we offsetted 25% of our total greenhouse gas emissions by contributing carbon credits on 100% of our shipments through DHL’s recognised climate protection projects.
- In 2021, we are going all way. We are offsetting 100% of our carbon emissions. One step for climate change, one giant leap for humankind.
GOING FULL CIRCLE: MAKE‐USE‐REUSE
- Increase recycled fabrics to make up 50% of our core performance fabrics by 2021
- Launch new natural-based fibres in some new styles
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
- Share details of our mills and factories on our products
- Share the carbon footprint on our garments
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- As we grow, we are committed to a diverse workforce of at least 40% from racial and sexual minorities, including 10% black
- Continue diversity of our models with representation of 55% people of colour and 20% black, as we have achieved in 2018-2020